This task has helped me by actually allowing me to look at the more 'mainstream' media music videos, Taylor Swift's 'Blank Space' being an excellent example. Analysing this with other, less watched, but nevertheless popular, videos has given me thoughts about the style of camera work and the colours I may want to include, as well as something else I noticed about these videos - representation. I saw that Swift's colours and scenery made her represent the 'bad guy' figure, One Republic's 'Counting Stars' use of the old building, emphasised by the ending with the old man falling down from the religious meeting above, possible representation of the fact that even religious people may be drawn to interests other than religion (or simply perhaps because they don't really like religious people) and Pharrell Williams' use of people from nearly every aspect of society in his video to help and spread his 'Happy' message.
No comments:
Post a Comment