Tuesday, 6 October 2015

Task 10 & 11 - Lip Syncing (Done)



I do not believe that this music video came out well in any way. Most, if not all, of it is out of sync with the music, which makes it rather confusing. The problem is that I did not sing in with the music, but out of my memory - this caused me to go out of pace with the song and I simply sang too fast.
The framing could have been better at one point - I have learnt from this that the amount of shots is paramount to establishing the tempo of the video, especially when the song itself is fast-paced. I don't want a song with fast speed while the shots are limited and there is little quality in terms of speed of the shots. I could have had a lot more confidence when singing - it would have improved the mood I was trying to set as well as link to the theme and the positive vibe of the song. Additionally, not having the script to read from would have improved how the video looked, as quite a lot of it includes me looking down at the lyrics.
However, I also learnt from the video that good lighting is essential to set the mood of the song, as this video had several cuts with with a quality amount of light.

This task was critical in helping me to understand my mistakes and allowing me to see what I needed to improve for the real music video. I identified the main mistake as not playing the song whilst lip syncing, as I could have sang to it, rather than singing the entire song off the top of my head. Overall, it gave me advice as to how to improve next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment