Research
- 1 - Research (17)
- 2 - Planning (13)
- 3 - Final Product (3)
- 4 - Construction (1)
- 5 - Evaluation (4)
Saturday, 14 November 2015
Task 22 - Band Logo Creation (Done)
I first thought of the band name - since I wanted something to do with an alternative rock band, I didn't want heavy rock, which was something that kept coming into mind. I remembered how the word "Redrum" was used in the Stephen King novel, "The Shining" and therefore decided to utilise it in the logo. Redrum, spelt backwards as 'Murder' is a topic related to rock, but at the same time the only thing the audience will see will be Redrum - this therefore works in my favour, as a kind of scotoma takes over and makes the pejorative word seem innocent.
I wanted something that was more hard rock and goth, but realised that this wouldn't work well with the chosen band. I then caught the idea, while surfing through Google Images, to create a logo with the theme of a typewriter. I was easily able to find the font on Dafont and played around a little bit with the letters, adding and playing around with them on Photoshop before choosing that I should give the audience a hint of what the letters actually say.
The way I did this was to simply place the letters Redrum at the top and then create a copy and reverse it, reducing the opacity and placing it at the bottom. The word Redrum also has the words 'red' and 'drum' in it. I therefore looked online for one which specifically had the features I required and when I found it, I got rid of the background as well as the logo on the drum and placed it into around the 'D'.
However, I was still not very satisfied about the whole background itself. I finally decided to place the image of a typewriter keyboard and play around with the filters, finally deciding on a neon glow, which seems to go well with the alternative genre. I then erased some of the letters off of the keyboard and put mine in. This worked relatively well and also made the font stand out, which worked in my favour. I later pasted it into Microsoft Word and played around with the edits there, changing the neon blue to a dark green.
Labels:
4 - Construction
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















No comments:
Post a Comment