Friday, 13 November 2015

Task 21: Ancillary Task Digipak

This is my final digipak. I am fairly happy with it, due to the fact that it does give off the right impression and had I had the right equipment, it would have been much better. As it was, I needed to roughly fit the pictures of the two artists onto the individual sides. Since I didn't get the required picture of the house where the filming took place, as a background to share the side with some of the artists' previous work, I decided to miss out the picture and put the song titles on their own, against the orange background, which I created using the DaFont website. I must admit, it nevertheless looks good...perhaps better than it would have with the picture in the background. This digipak includes:

  • A picture of the main artist facing the camera, with the lyrics of the song on either side
  • A picture of the supporting artist facing the camera, with the lyrics of the song on either side
  • A picture of the main artist looking away from the camera
  • A picture of the supporting artist looking away from the camera
  • A side with the artists' previous work, their songs, for the audience
  • A picture of the two artists standing together in an edited picture
  • The side where the actual CD will be held



This is my improved version of my digipak for the band. This time, I fixed the colours around the CD holder and added more colours to it, so it looks neater and more attractive. Also, I realised that I needed a whole album of songs, which is why I added more songs. Additionally, instead of the lyrics, I put in the 'WANTED' signs against the two pictures of the artists facing the front. This will give the desired effect. Lastly, I repaired the picture of the artists facing the front and the side. I think this now further gives the desired effect, as they are neater and I was able to fix them onto the digipak sides more efficiently, reducing the need to stretch them to the necessary size.

No comments:

Post a Comment