Research
- 1 - Research (17)
- 2 - Planning (13)
- 3 - Final Product (3)
- 4 - Construction (1)
- 5 - Evaluation (4)
Wednesday, 17 June 2015
Task 3 - Analysis of Digipaks (Done)
From this task, I have learned a great deal about what Digipaks are, their advantages and disadvantages and how they compare to the 'Jewel Cases'. I have also become much more aware of the cases that I buy - whether they are Digi's or Jewels - as I have not been aware at all before. From the interviews, I have gained some insight as to how other people with different tastes towards music react to it and to which case they would be most likely to buy.
Digipaks: The advantages of Digipaks over Jewel Cases is that they're much more resistant to damage - Jewel Cases have arms to hold both of the plastic trays which shatter very easily when stress or pressure is applied. This problem does not exists with Digipaks. Additionally, it has the advantage of a less of an impact on the environment and can hold more CD's than the Jewel Case, which helps artists promote and sell themselves to their audiences more. It is also much more eye-catching. However, the disadvantages include Digipaks being much more pricey than standard Jewel Cases, roughly £2 more. They are also prone to wearing and will show tears and other damage e.g. spills from water easier than a Jewel Case. They are also much more expensive to produce.
Contents:
CD (able to hold multiple CD's)
Paperboard outer binding
Plastic tray
Teeth holding the CD
Booklet
Labels:
1 - Research
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment